1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Comments on the European Nav system

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by Oxo, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Does anyone know if there is an upgrade for Europe Nav System 2004-5 Ver 2, which was supplied in my 2005 Prius? Or if there is one in preparation?

I haven't used mine very much but it seems to be a curate's egg - good in parts.

It is especially useful for finding a street in a city, but not so good in open country where some roads are missing (in the UK). However the UK, with Germany and Holland, are fortunate in that almost the whole country is covered. Parts of France and large parts of Spain, Ireland and other countries are missing so it seems to be a misnomer to call this a "Europe" DVD.
    In the UK you can enter only part of a post-code. For example, a large building in the centre of Oxford has the code OX1 1DJ: try to enter this and you get as far as "OX1 1......" then you have to enter a street name - but too bad if you don't know the name of the street.

But my main complaint is the very poor interface with the user. After using it for a few months I am still puzzled at times when I try to select a route. The instruction manual is one of the worst features. It offers no help at all in some situations.

Let us hope there are some software engineers somewhere struggling to improve this DVD.