1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Compact music choice on long trip

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by srellim234, Jul 28, 2017.

1. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    We just returned from our coast to coast trip and I thought I'd throw this out there for anyone else looking for an easy and compact way to have music for days without taking up much room.

I have my entire music collection (CDs, vinyl records, tapes & downloads) saved on an external hard drive. I took two microSD cards and filled them up, one with a playlist containing an assortment of hits and songs we like and the other filled with albums. Using a tablet plugged into the AUX jack in the console and then placed inside the console we were able to play great music for days at a time without even needing to plug the tablet into one of the 12v power outlets. We just recharged the tablet at either a hotel or a family member's house as needed.

No clutter of CDs, no radio commercials, no dead reception in the mountains, no need to stream anything using up any of our data plans. Just great music all day long while cruising down the highway.

MicroSD cards in a tablet work really well in the Gen II Prius.