1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

companies/organizations matching US donations for Japan disaster relief?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, Mar 14, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    For those who don't have any employee matching for donations to charitable organizations, perhaps we can start a list of companies or organizations that are matching donations from non-employees towards Japan disaster relief?

I've heard that Groupon for some countries, but NOT for the US will match donations (Discussion: Donate $5, $10, or $25 to Support International Medical Corps' Emergency Relief Efforts in Japan and Other Affected Areas | Albany / Capital Region).

Brookstone is doing matching but the funds are going to Save the Children (Brookstone). I found http://dealnews.com/dealnews-Will-Match-Up-to-25-000-in-donations-for-Japan-Relief/443459.html, but they might've already hit their limit.

Anyone know of any others? I'd prefer that it go to groups along the lines of the Red Cross or Mercy Corps. I want to make my donation go further.

2. robotsk

robotsk New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I love your thriftiness! I'm the same way! Check out the Donation Doubler website. They list all donation matching opportunities by category and the matches are available to anyone.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Cool. Thanks! I see Japan Earthquake & Tsunami Relief.

As with any donation, always be sure the charitable organization is legit.