1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Comparison of 04/05 with 06

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ribbs, Mar 2, 2006.

1. ribbs

ribbs New Member

Just picked up my white 06 pkg 8 today from Wondries Toyota in Alhambra (btw, deal with Allison there - straight ahead sticker, no bs) and I've noticed some difference in the ride from our 04 and 05 Prii. Seemed a bit quieter (leather, slightly padded dash?), a bit more snug in the handling, and yet smoother as well. It was pronounced to me as we had just driven 30 miles or so to the dealer in our 04. Any suggestions as to why? Has Toyota made any suspension changes, be they ever so subtle? Or is it just that our 04 is feeling its age a tad? Must say I love the new MFD, the leather, and the aux and power jacks in the center console. Jury's still out on the backup camera - the fisheye effect makes objects appear further away then they are. Seems like trouble to me.

We are a family of five, hence the three Prii. These things RULE! I can fit two 9'0" longboards and a surfing pal or two. Not bad. Maybe Toyota should put us in an ad and give us another!!

2. ribbs

ribbs New Member

I noticed another difference - when dialing from my cell phone the Bluetooth picks up MUCH quicker than our other Prii. I actually hear the phone ring before the person I'm calling picks up!

3. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum.

There's a link at the top of the main page 2006 Prius Info that shows differences. It does not mention quieter ride or suspension changes, but people have reported the ride a bit quieter. After I got the 06 I didi not drive the 05 much before selling it, so I do not recall that difference. The MFD difference is significant.

I had used a Tacoma truck for for surfboards and bicycles. I don't miss the truck because the Prius has so much room. There's a lot of Pruises in Manhattan Beach, where I live, but I don't know of any family with three. Bet if you wrote Toyota in Torrance they might take some photos after detailing your cars.