1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Compatble Phones

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by withersea, Jun 6, 2006.

1. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just got word that my new silver package # 7 is in port. Does anyone have a list of phones that work well with the Prius? Cingular is my carrier. I was thinking of getting a Motorola V557. Any helpful input is appreciated!

2. KathyY

KathyY Member

I have had no problems with my Razr with Cingular.

3. hairman61

hairman61 New Member

I just got a Verizon RAZR 3Vm and I can't get this thing to pair up with my 2006 Prius.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Jun 6 2006, 05:56 AM) [snapback]266573[/snapback]</div>

GSM phones work so much better then CDMA phones with the Prius. (Cingular/Tmobile = GSM, Verizon/Sprint = CDMA)

Most phones you get for your carrier will work fine.

5. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Jun 6 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]266780[/snapback]</div>
    I had V551 (similar to V557) and it worked great (phone contact transfer one at a time, though)
    I now have SE W600i, it works OK (not as great as my Moto V551).

This is slightly off-topic... I apologize in advance.
    The only area I know GSM is inferior than CDMA is the speed of hand-over among cells.
    That is a problem in countries where there are high-speed trains (like Japan and Germany). Taiwan is constructing a high-speed train (near completion). GSM is NOT working as they found out since the train travels beyond 300km/h. GSM works below 200-250km/h. They are saying that the GSM phones work only when the train slows down (say near stations). CDMA works better since the hand-over among cells is somewhat different (I don't know how). That is maybe why in Japan CDMA is still popular, I guess. :)

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ceric @ Jun 6 2006, 12:06 PM) [snapback]266799[/snapback]</div>

CDMA is superior in alot of ways - trouble is with the carriers in this case. They won't allow for a unrestricted bluetooth phone.

But yea, Japan is pretty much the only other CDMA using country. That's why I'm hoping the Sanyo (A Japanese phone manufacturing company) Katana will have a better Bluetooth setup than phones designed specificly for Sprint/Verizon.

But I'm told the phone feels cheep and outdated. Oh well. My hopes are pretty much crushed - we'll know for sure in a few more weeks.