1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Competition is good for the soul; At least it is for mine.

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by subjective, Jul 22, 2012.

1. subjective

subjective Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Now that the Ford C-Max Energy plug in Hybrid with total 180 hp and 20 mi electric only range coming with by year end production, what and when will Toyota do to compete against it with the Prius v plug in. It looks like soon competition and exciting product developement/delivery will start to move. This sounds to me like some very practical transportation is coming soon at competitive pricing. Perhaps fun sports cars and small pick ups will come next!

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm sure the 2022 Prius is gonna have lotsa great innovations once the competition catches up. For now though the Prius consistently outsells all other hybrid vehicles combined...

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    forget the c max, the honda insight will be the death of the prius. what? it turned out to be a piece of crap? nevermind.

4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The C-MAX is actually sitting between liftback and v. So, it should appeal to those who want more space but aren't necessarily big cargo carriers.

It also has the advantage of being assembled in the USA.

I think it should be a triple whammy, taking buyers from the Prius, Prius v and bringing some new hybrid buyers.

5. egeorge1

egeorge1 Eric

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I considered waiting for the C-Max but the most important thing on my list was to get the largest interior space possible while getting much better mileage than my '02 Civic. If the c-max had just equaled the size of the v i would have waited. I am very happy with my v. Maybe next time Ford.

6. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am not sure I can conceive of wanting something bigger than a liftback, but thinking the v was too big. I might want something bigger than the liftback without the mileage penalty of the v. If the C-Max fits in that category, it might be worth considering (for me). Or if I wanted a plug-in v, of course.

7. Northeastern

Northeastern Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    well...the plot thickens... Ford C-Max Energi has 7.5 kwh battery with a top speed of 85 MPH ( in electric ) >>

I have a Gen 2 , was holding out for a PIP but then the V came along with the extra space I'd like for the active lifestyle / dog. Now the Energi , decisions..decisions