1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Competition Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by billarb, Jan 31, 2008.

1. billarb

billarb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I hope that I'm in the correct forum. If not, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could direct me to the right place.

I am not technically competent when it comes to autos and have always relied on my dealer to service all of my former vehicles. I always drove Dodges and had a great deal of faith in my local dealer.

In December, I took delivery of my Prius (after lurking on this site for almost 6 months and soaking up the advice from you good folks!). I bought the car from Competition Toyota in Middle Island, New York and am wondering if anyone has experience with this dealer's service department? I'm going to need to rely on them but have no knowledge or experience with them.

Thanks for any advice. By the way, I just LOVE my Prius!!!

Bill

2. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey Bill, check out my experience with them here, http://priuschat.com/forums/care-maintenance-troubleshooting/38272-60k-maintenance.html

Make sure you follow the maintenance guide that comes with the Prius, not the dealer's. Also, see this for some recommendations, http://priuschat.com/forums/care-ma...70-what-services-you-need-what-you-don-t.html

Emile is currently doing a survey on local dealers, so keep your eyes out for the result at the LIPOG webpage @ [SIZE=-1]www.lipog.org[/SIZE]

By the way, do you live near Middle Island? I'm moving there in two weeks, and I work at BNL, which is 10 min away.

3. billarb

billarb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Scotty...do you park your Prius anywhere near Building 400 at BNL? That's where mine hangs out during the day! I'm the Lab's HR Director.

Bill H

4. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    oh, wow. lol.... Nice meeting you here Bill...

No, I'm in the RF group of C-AD, building 911. I was actually at HR today to get my retirement plan paperwork fill out with Joyce. There are at least 6 Prius in my department.

What a coincidence, a colleague from C-AD added me on facebook, now I meet another here on Priuschat...

Back on topic, the garage on-site is not bad either. They are ok with normal maintenance stuff like oil changes. Last time I went to them with my own oil and filter, they charged $25 labor and did not over fill the oil (which many dealers did with the Prius!). $25 is actually more expensive than Competition Toyota! I think they charge $20 labor on oil change. But we have the convenience of on-site shuttle.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to post them here or drop me an email @ syuan_AT_BNL.

5. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I had a great experience there when I did my brake barking noise TSB. They gave no trouble and did it for free. Of course, I requested an oil change as well. The noise came back after a few months. I havn't been back there since then.