1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

complete newb!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jellybean83, Oct 3, 2008.

1. jellybean83

jellybean83 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    hello everyone on priuschat. just thought id drop in and say whats up and get as much knowledge as i can. i actually don't have a prius (not yet at least), but i've really been thinking about. i'm going to get a new car soon, most likely a hybrid. and ive been leaning towards a prius.

anyway, id rather not read reports and all that. i'll continue looking throuh the forum, but there's so much info to browse through though.. i wanna hear what people have to say first hand about their experiences with a prius, especially if you've had another hybrid before your prius. any information would be helpful.

Thank you all in advance!

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Hi jelly. Yes this forum is big, in part because of posters like me who seem to have nothing better to do.

Suggest you read about Prius at john1701a (you'll find it). His site is mostly personal experiences and it is very easy to navigate.

3. rcaine

rcaine Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Once you've made your choice there is a lot of information on how to get your hands on one in the Prius Waiting List Support Group. You can make friends with future Prius Owners while you wait for your selection.:D:D:peace::peace:

4. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is just my opinion but I think the Package # 2 is the best value.

5. gunguy05

gunguy05 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    +1 on that. I just got my Package #2 this week. I cannot find a single thing with the car that i am not absolutely thrilled with. So far i have put about 365 mi on it and i have 2 pips left on the gas gauge. I will fill up soon :). THe room in the car vs. the mileage that it gets is ridiculous. You cannot beat it!!! I had an accord and was worried about that, but i have barely noticed any differences. The ingenuity of everything in the car is amazing! You can tell that Toyota did everything in the car a certain way for a reason, and the overall quality really shows. Probably the only thing that i am going to upgrade are the seats. I plan on getting some type of leather interrior to install, probably myself. I just haven't decided on that yet. I hope that you choose a prius. You WILL NOT BE disappointed!

6. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  7. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome :welcome:to PC look around lots of useful information on this site.

8. justlurkin

justlurkin Señor Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've never owned a hybrid before I bought my Prius. I did do a lot of research on the car beforehand (lurking for months on Priuschat, hence my handle, LOL).

I gotta say it's probably the best money I've ever spent. Compared to all the conventional cars (including a couple SUVs) I've owned in the past, the Prius gives up very little in terms of interior space and comfort, and I love how low-maintenance the Prius is compared to all the other cars I've owned. The fuel economy almost as an afterthought.

I'm never going back to a regular car. All the advanced technology like the Power Split Device transmission, regenerative braking, on-the-fly engine startup/shutoff, Smartkey system, etc. in the Prius makes normal cars feel downright primitive. :cool: