1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Concerns in having Toyota add 12v wiring harness

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by PsyPrius, Feb 14, 2006.

1. PsyPrius

PsyPrius Member

Hi all-

I pick up my Prius in a week and was planning on having a Toyota dealer/service center "rig up" a 12v wiring harness and dress the power cable along the frame of my car to the visor to add power to a radar locator. Are there any concerns in having them do this work, such as messing up something, or making some notation on the Toyota system by VIN that my car has added wiring in there, thus possibly voiding some aspect of the warranty? Or does this sound like a pretty safe mod for Toyota to do (I'm not concerned that it can be done without messing up systems, but want the job to be done cleanly, but do not want any riders on my warranty)?

Thanks!

-S

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    well, as a fix in some repair cases, they will go ahead and reroute some 12v wiring. so i would imagine it would be acceptable to add something on. it's on them if they're willing to do it or not, though. and make sure they don't add a clause to the warranty and that they make sure it can't drain the 12v battery when the car is off.

there is a pretty convenient plug under the glovebox area that will work with a detector, but you're right the thing has to be pretty high up.

good luck :)