1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Condensation in headlight assembly

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by NitroBiz, Mar 13, 2024.

1. NitroBiz

NitroBiz New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    For the life of me I can't figure out how to permanently get rid of sensation in my headlight assembly. About two or three weeks ago I got aftermarket LED bulbs and with a day or so condensation got in. I know I have the new bulbs installed correctly, in fact put the old ones back in for a day and it didn't make a difference. I mapped out a whole weekend of me cleaning them, using a vacuum and hairdryer to make them look brand new only to see a few days later the condensation was back. I've heard some people tell me to drill a small hole or seal up the top with silicone. Can somebody help me understand what the hell is going on?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I can't imagine my persona or the 2010 doesn't have this problem they have a little bit cloudy some haze on the lens but no condensation on the inside and I've got aftermarket bulbs and LEDs and every hole and all of that there is a vent on these things if I'm not mistaken if you're holding the whole lamp assembly in your hand and you look on the back you'll see a curved little rubber hose that should be clear You should be able to blow through it That's supposedly lets out heat condensation whatever presumably maybe those are clogged on your lamp assemblies or they're aftermarket lamp assemblies and they're not even drilled meaning the little rubber hoses stuck on there you pull it off and goes nowhere couldn't blow through it if you tried Not sure but it's a good possibility when I change from halogen to the LED s1 series bulbs which was almost from day one I got the car there was no change in condensation or any of that on our two cars.