1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Confirm Working Airbags in Gen4 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jocose, Aug 6, 2021.

1. jocose

jocose New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought a salvage Gen4 Prius (2016, Two Trim, 50,000 Miles) that had rear ended someone. . The repair works looked top notch — looks and drives like a brand new car. That said, I wasn't able to speak with the shop that did the repairs. How can I independently confirm the front airbag sensors are wired in correctly.

Note: I have the auction photos before the repairs were done, I can see that airbags were NOT deployed.

2. PtPri

PtPri Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Luxury
    OBD with diagnostics, like Carista?

That being said, I ran on mine and it was unable to complete the airbags check.

3. jocose

jocose New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am looking into those. It's all new to me so I didn't know how reliable those tests were or if they could give false positives. Is your Prius rebuilt/salvage or clean title?

4. PtPri

PtPri Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Luxury
    Clean, bought it a fortnight ago from a Ford dealer, but with full service history and service done pre-sale at Toyota.

5. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Something that important, I would cough up the $100 or so to get a dealer scan.

6. jocose

jocose New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have the tech stream software

I have tech stream and the OBDII scanner. I used it to make a spare key. It says the airbags are good.

My concern was if there if there anyway it could be wrong or that result could be faked. I was just wondering where I should physically look at the sensors and confirm all is well.

#6 jocose, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021