1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Congrads to my Father

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by olends, Mar 30, 2005.

1. olends

olends New Member

tomorrow my father begins his pre-retirement vacation. so join me in congratulating my father in 35 years of public service.

the other reason for this post is that my father has decided to reward himself by buying a retirement car, and replacing his 13 year old car. with high gas prices he is starting to contemplate a more efficient car. he is worried that the prius will be too small for his tastes.

so now for the request. HTMLspinner has a lovely collection of short clips showing specific functions of the car. i was wondering if he or someone else would make and overview video showing the size, comfort basically sell the car.

sub- request.
    if some one who live close enough to me would be will to visit to let my father sit in your car, and maybe take a short drive. that would be excellent.

thanks in advance

2. Old n Bold

Old n Bold New Member

FYI, I am retired and have just purchased a Prius as my retirement car. Love it, both as a car and for its savings in fuel. Just wish the explainations in the navigation book was a little clearer and better organized. I will turn 72 tomorrow but I plan on driving this beauty for another 10 years, at least. I should make it as I am in pretty good health. I rode a bike for 10 miles this morning then cut firewood for a couple of hours after which I finished digging a 300 ft. ditch to bury my cable internet line.

Enjoying retirement and REALLY enjoying my 2005 #6, tan (or whatever) Prius. Now, back to reading that damn navigation manual. Go tell your dad to get a prius and enjoy!

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  5. BoBraxton

BoBraxton New Member

My spouse's silver Pkg# 2 she purchased Monday evening will be ten years plus nine months of age when she turns 72 so I hope she has plenty of pre-retirement enjoyment, too. We replaced her 1992 VW Golf 4-door white hatchback with 141,000 + miles and which got 34 - 36 mpg 5-speed manual.

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Howdy "Old n Bold" [you must be a pilot :8) ]

At best, the "Navigation System Owner's Manual" is confusing. There is an online DVD instruction for the Lexus NAV system - the same system as the Prius. The only difference is different positions for the dashboard buttons.

http://www.lexus.com/models/es/interior.html#dvd

This works best if you have a high-speed internet connection.