1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Congrats Tony! You made our local paper.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Darwood, May 30, 2008.

1. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Prius effect

A MN Star Tribune article on the "Prius Effect"

"In the notes section of his results, Schaefer wrote: "First 60+ tank of the season. Was at 67.8 but then bad weather." The tank lasted 14 days. His 12-month average is 60.11 mpg, up from 59.79, recorded after the previous tank. His lifetime average is 53.2 mpg.
    "It's like playing a game against yourself," Schaefer said. "You want every tank to be better than the tank before.""

Not a bad article. And the first online comment to the article is just amazing:

"Let us all wait and see how the GREEN driver enjoys the period of ownership when the hybrid batteries need replacement in their vehicles. My mechanic just finished hybrid vehicle school for GM vehicles and the cost for refurbishing the batteries is 8-10 thousand dollars, vehicle dependant. HMMMMMM how does that factor in to your cost per mile suckers?"

Oh brother... I can't believe there are people this stupid. Sounds like Malorn's new hobby is perusing national news sites to spread his FUD!

2. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    A bunch of boneheads have left boneheaded comments on that one. What can you do for those people? Nothing. They'll have to go bankrupt fueling their Canyoneros before they realize that they're stupid, and even then they'll blame someone else.

3. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey, congrats to the quotable Tony! ^_^

As for the responses I think that, sadly, just about any article about the Prius is going to attract its share of genuinely misguided people and the standard complement of comment-clowns.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hey thanks! Yeah, that's a pretty positive and upbeat article. As for the comments:
    I suppose my response is pretty simple: I don't drive a GM hybrid.

5. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Tell me about em...here is one of those flamers...

[​IMG]

You're crazy!

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    LOL. Because we all know GM makes the Prius.

Well, that could be some inside info. Looks like the batteries for the Volt will only last a few years and then cost $8-10 thousand dollars to replace.

I think I'll hold on to my Prius.

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Since hybrids need less maintenance and have fewer parts to replace GM had to make something expensive wear out. Perhaps these are Chinese batteries. Let's save the quote for Lutz & malorn whenever the Volt hits the showroom floor.