1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Connect 3.5 mm audio to iPod connector

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PeterPrius2007, Aug 19, 2017.

1. PeterPrius2007

PeterPrius2007 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have an iPod connector coming off a long cable from my radio. I got a 30-pin to 3.5 mm adapter but haven't got audio to play through it. My radio unit has no aux input on the front, no tape deck.
    Is this iPod connector something the previous owner installed himself or did this come with some Prius's? Do there have to be some control signals sent through the 30-pin connector to activate audio through it or something?
    Thanks!
    Peter

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    My guess would be it was something the previous owner installed. It may not have worked before you got the car. Is it the factory or an aftermarket radio?

Factory installation of a 3.5mm connection placed it inside the console, not on the face of the radio.

Are you trying to play through Itunes or Android? Streaming music from the internet or are they files from a tablet/phone/mp3 player? If a tablet/phone/mp3 player, what format is the music (mp3, flac, wav, etc.)?

3. jm98

jm98 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    here is factory one should be..

Attached Files:

4. jm98

jm98 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Another photo...

Attached Files:

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you tried using a male-male 3.5mm cable? Your iPod should have a headphone jack. (Trying to see if the AUX Input is busted or if the 30-pin to 3.5mm is the culprit)