1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Connect MP3 Player Through Prius Stereo?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by aphelocoma, Jul 29, 2009.

1. aphelocoma

aphelocoma Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm new to this forum so excuse any breaches of protocol! We have a 2005 Prius, CD player/radio only, no auxilliary input to plug in an MP3 player so it will play through the speakers in the car. I want to play audiobooks in MP3 format, in a previous car I had an FM converter thingy, but it always lost stations during drives and was not useful. Can someone point me in the right direction? Do I need a totally new stereo unit? Can Toyota (or a sound place) add an auxilliary plug in for my MP3? All help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If yours has a tape deck, I strongly recommend a tape adapter that instead of an FM transmitter. It's cheap and of the quality is a lot better than using an FM transmitter and no problems w/interference from radio stations.

That's the cheapest solution if you don't need/want integration w/the MFD or steering wheel controls.

1 person likes this.