1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Connecting Treo 650

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dbermanmd, Mar 5, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I picked up my Silver #7 yesterday - more on that tomorrow - but I am in LOVE again with driving :D

I need help. Probably I am overlooking something simple and I could not find advice via the search function here. I can not for the life of me connect my treo 650 to the car. My salesman could not either. I have read here, if my memory serves me correctly, where it has been done.

I need, if possible, instructions from beginning to end.

And it is all true - everything everyone has said here - this car is AWESOME.

Remember to keep it quiet guys, my baby is sleeping in the garage :)

Thank you thank you to everyone for being so helpful.

David

2. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We have two Sprint Treo 650s and they work great with CarMyne. The Treo pairs using the same Prius menus as other cell phone. Originally there was a problem with having to make a call during the pairing operation to get it to work but that has been fixed by Palm updates. If you have updated your Treo or have a fairly new one, it should not be a problem. The following site has some detailed pairing instructions that might help but they are not specific to the Treo.
    John's Webpage
    There are also several old post about pairing a Treo so suggest you search for those if you continue to have problems...

3. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

the new 1.20 ENA update is much better with bluetooth.

Its only out for GSM models so far though

4. pjconner

pjconner New Member

If you have the Verizon Treo 650, it is a bit problematic to set up. But it will work. You have to go throught the regular process, enter the password, then place call.

You will not get the signal strength on the upper right hand display of the screen, but that is no biggie.

It is another great feature of this car, good luck!

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thank you for your response. If you could please explain to me what you refer to as "the regular process", that would probably break down the mental block I am currently suffering through which is preventing me from establishing any connection to my Prius from my 650.

Thank You,
    David

6. pjconner

pjconner New Member

Let's see if I can remember:

On the Prius:

In the phone menu, press the "add a phone" button. The screen will say it is searching and give a passcode of 1212

On the Treo:

Bluetooth menu
    Press the"setup devices" button
    "Handsfree setup" button
    "next" button
    You will then be on the discovery results page
    After a few seconds it should list "Bluetooth" something as a device
    Select it and press "ok"
    It will then ask you to enter the passcode, enter it
    At this point you are done.

Press cancel on the Prius.

Place a call on the Treo and the car should pick up the call after a few seconds.

Good luck!

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

8. pjconner

pjconner New Member

Use whatever password your PRIUS says on the screen, not any passcodes from the phone.

9. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

No luck. I am missing anything. Used the instruction manual from the car and the treo. No connection - in fact it is the only thing that is not connecting with this car - I love it.

David

10. pjconner

pjconner New Member

Check your private message box. I sent you my email. Maybe we can both sit in our cars and figure this out.

11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

E-mailed you back.
    I cant begin to thank you for your kindness.
    David

12. letsail

letsail New Member

I had a similar problem with my Verizon 650. I was totally frustrated with it UNTIL I learned I had to make a call from the phone to "activate the pairing."

dbermanmd:
    NEXT question: once you get the car paired with the phone and have a connection established, have someone else call you. See if your car/phone drops the first call and takes the second. No warning. The first call is just gone. :blink:

I have this problem. It might be a problem with bluetooth. Or it might be the car. Has anyone else had this problem?

13. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    This is the call waiting problem. If you dial *70 before making an important call you disable call waiting for that call and any incoming calls will go to voice mail. No good solution if the first call is an incoming call. Searching on call waiting will bring up several posts on the subject.

14. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It never pairs - it is always in search mode.

David

15. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I hate to show my ignorance so all but...
    I tried calling after going through the setup procedure I cant make a call through it and the MFD lists my telephone as available...
    Where am I going wrong :blink:
    David

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It worked :D
    I made a call after doing everything as instructed - and.... IT WORKED :rolleyes:
    My daughter then happened to call and it picked her right up. No dropped calls at all. In fact she said that I sounded better using the Prius's microphone than I did using my phone :p
    Now I just have to figure how to get my address book and speed dial stuff to pair :unsure:
    I do love these smilely faces
    And a big thank you to to my buddy who I spoke to tonight. THANKS :)
    David