1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Connection Terminated by Network"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TonyPSchaefer, Apr 2, 2006.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just got a bluetooth adaptor for my non-bluetooth phone. After properly getting the phone and Priapus matched up, I moved on to making a call. I typed the number into the MFD and tried to connect. Every time, I was rewarded with the message "Connection Terminated by Network." Finally, I punched the number directly into the phone and as soon as it started ringing, the connection switched over to the car and my wife answered. We talked for a minute, I through the car.

So what's happenning that I can't initiate a call from the car?

Priapus was ACC ON, not [Ready] and in Park.
    I haven't yet tried receiving a call.

Follow-up question:
    Because it's not a bluetooth phone, I can't send the contacts over; how do I manually type in contacts?
    I couldn't find this in the manual.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    That's very odd. I have Verizon with an e815 and I only get that message when the person I'm talking to hangs up and I haven't pressed the "On Hook" button. What service do you have?

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Apr 2 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]233915[/snapback]</div>
    Unless you have an 06 model you cannot manually type in the contacts. You can, however, save numbers from the outgoing and incoming call logs to the One Touch screens (18 entries). I need to do some experimentation before I can give you directions on this this is accomplished.

4. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    By service, do you mean carrier as in U.S. Cellular.
    Phone: Motorola 262 : [Image]
    Adaptor: Motorola DC 600 : [Image]

5. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Apr 2 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]233915[/snapback]</div>
    I believe your problem is due to your adapter. It's not truly giving your phone bluetooth abilities (as you know because you can't transfer the phone book either). I think that adapter is basically the equivalent of using a wired headset, it just transmits it via bluetooth.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Apr 2 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]233938[/snapback]</div>
    I just checked.

1) Press INFO
    2) Press TELEPHONE
    3) Press SETTINGS
    4) Press either INCOMING or OUTGOING (they're the bottom two choices). Select the number and the location.

The problem is that when the car is moving you won't see anything when you press the "Off Hook" button on the steering wheel. This isn't a real problem for me as I have so few that I know that #1 is Home and #2 is Parents.
    When the car is stopped you'll see the numbers.

If you were able to do this from the phonebook, you'd have names. There's a couple of workarounds with this. If you have access to a laptop with BT you can use that to send the phone numbers. Or you can get a cheap BT phone on eBay (which is non-Verizon) and use that solely to send the phone numbers.

Since I have few numbers (maybe 15 in all) that I'm likely to call, I cheat. I put them in as POIs in the NAV area. It's a bit more complicated, but it works

1) Press DEST
    2) Press MEMORY
    3) Scroll to the name of the POI, then press it.
    4) At the top of the MFD you'll see an INFO button, press it.
    5) The info screen (with name, address and phone number) will have a green "Off Hook" icon, press that and the dial will be made.

Of course you have to do the NAV override trick beforehand, but that will work for any POI that's on the screen as well. For example, if you request restaurant icons to come up, touching one will bring up the INFO icon and you can dial ahead for a reservation. :)

7. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Apr 2 2006, 06:31 PM) [snapback]233948[/snapback]</div>

My man.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. And I tried to.

8. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I had done some research about the adaptor approach. I knew that I wouldn't be able to send the contacts. The connection is voice only and does not transmit data. I was just really hoping that there would be a manual way to enter the data. Silly me, it just seemed to make sense; I can enter a map location manually or store them as I achieve them.

I think I might try to bribe one of the guys at the local phone store: "here's twenty bucks; transfer my contacts to that bluetooth phone so I can transfer them to my car.