1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Connectors and wiring info for non-Toyota GPS install in 2005 Prius (Europe)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Solar Hydro, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Solar Hydro

Solar Hydro New Member

Hello all,

I am an alpha tester of an experimental new GPS device (I promise to let you know more if/once I get it working).

Both my Toyota dealer and an independent installer have refused to install it in my 2005 Prius, on the grounds that they fear damaging the car electronics because they are unsure what to do with the wiring and connectors (in fact the GPS device has wires without connectors).

Is a correct and easy to interpret wiring diagram/description available? The independent installer says he needs to know the 'speedpuls' (speed signal) wire/location and the '+15' ('alter contact') and '+30' ('A Talking') wire/location. The +15 and +30 are what I read from a note he scribbled, not sure the text is what he wrote...

Any assistance is most welcome; if I get this to work, you won't be disappointed when you see the results...

Many thanks in advance,

Solar Hydro

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

it's already been done. Pioneer GPS to Toyota mfd.

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon @ Sep 17 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]320860[/snapback]</div>
    Can you please elaborate? Are you trying to say that there is already a Pioneer GPS system that will tie into the existing MFD?

4. Frank Hudon

that was the origional intent of the CAN-view. I'm not sure if Norm still supplies the components but he'd be the place to start. He has it operational in his Prius.
    http://www.hybridinterfaces.ca

5. Solar Hydro

Solar Hydro New Member

Thanks, but what I'm trying to get installed is of a totally different order than an alternative GPS.

Therefore, I remain interested in the wiring info. (I zapped through the CAN view install procedure, may be of some use).

Solar Hydro

6. Frank Hudon

for the wiring got to Toyota's Techinfo and download the wiring manual.