1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Considering 2007 Prius. What do I need to look for?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by catlin64, Aug 20, 2011.

1. catlin64

catlin64 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am considering a 2007 Prius. It is my first shot at a hybrid. What are the key things I need to understand regarding battery-life, maintenance etc. Just the potential big costs ahead. The car has only 48k miles and looks well-cared for. The Carfax shows a rear-end accident 4 years ago (no word on how severe), but the car has no outward signs of the accident and has passed all inspections since. Finally, what kind of mileage should I reasonably expect from this car? Thanks.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    rear alignment might be a concern, how are the tires wearing? does the hatch work well? any signs of rain infiltration? how is the 12v battery area? strip out the rear end and have a good look around. can you get the details of the accident and repair? major problems down the road are unlikely (outside of the accident repercussions) are you covered by the original warranty? all the best!

3. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    +1 on the rear alignment. It's non-adjustable. If it's out you have to get an entire new rear axel beam! Most other things relate to the hybrid drive which are pretty difficult to detect unless the warning lights are on.