1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Considering buying PIP and wanted to know a few technical questions about EV range and mode.

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Kaptainkid1, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Kaptainkid1

Kaptainkid1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Wondering about the PIP technical EV modes limitations:

1. 100% charge what's the ev range on an older 150k Prius pip? What are people getting now? What did you get when the Hybrid battery was new? I'm guessing avg 10miles at this age. With AC on I'm assuming it less?

2. 100% charge driving around town in EV mode and no freeway speeds. Can it keep up with LA stop and go traffic in pure EV mode? Issue here is sometime you need to mash the gas pedal while driving in LA. Going slow from light to light pisses people off.

3. With 100% charge EV does it get better MPG on freeway speed over 70mph or does the ICE kick in, and you get the same MPG?

4. 100% charge does the Prius start off in Pure EV mode and once it's drained it becomes a regular Hybrid?

5. My goal is to saving money on GAS try to drive 10 miles and under and never uses the gas to commute. Keep full state of charge every night for the next day commute. Is this possible?

Please let me know your experience with the PIP daily uses.

Thanks-

SM-A536U ?

2. LeviSmith

LeviSmith Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i agree with levi. great car, but it won't meet your goal. have you looked at prime? that would come closer.
    and keep in mind 150k is in blown head gasket territory

Louis19 likes this.