1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Considering HU replacement- Is there such a thing as a harness to plug in my OEM backup camera?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by OMAR SAYEED, Feb 1, 2016.

1. OMAR SAYEED

OMAR SAYEED Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Thanks for stopping in. I tried searching but didn't find anything relevant to my scenario.
    Just bought a 2015 Prius model 3, non JBL, with OEM backup camera. I'm on the fence about replacing the HU but know it's the best for clean sound. Is there a way to plug in the OEM backup camera to an aftermarket HU? Has this been done before with a harness or something?

2. Swan0610

Swan0610 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Get the android pumpkin. It interfaces seamlessly with the oem Prius unit. Best 380$ you'll ever spend.

3. Swan0610

Swan0610 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You just need to find your camera feed wire color (consult wiring diagram for your year), remove/isolate that from the harness head you took out of oem hu and be sure to splice or connect that wire to the input on your head unit. It will probably be a one wire splice. Easy.