1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Considering rim upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Dr Ed, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Dr Ed

Dr Ed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I want to upgrade from OEM wheels and rims. Probably will get Goodyear Comfortreads, but still undecided on rims. I would like something sporty that will accommodate my OEM pressure sensors. Suggestions? Thanks!

2. bobdavisnpf

bobdavisnpf Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Ed @ Jul 22 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]483313[/snapback]</div>
    My dealer said the TPMS mounting has not been a big deal for them. Few reports of accidental breakage, no reports of aftermarket wheels that didn't work. Then again, most people in Seattle are not modding their Prii... I think the stock Integrity's are the #1 replacement tire around here.

I went with Kazera KZ-V 16x7, pre-mounted/balanced 205/55HR16 ComforTred's from my local Toyota dealer, who ordered from TireRack.com with no markup or shipping charges. Dealer threw in a free 2 year road hazard warranty. Install was $10.

This was for the '05 which does not have TPMS. For the '06 the dealer said they could move my TPMS into the KZ-V's or most other 16-17" rims; or that I could buy Toyota-compatible TPMS from TireRack if I want it all pre-mounted/balanced again... then we could sell off the old rims, put some snow tires on them, or just save them as spares.

The KZ-V's are a nice compromise between weight and price. The 205/55HR16's are not as sporty as I'd like (I prefer 17's, I think) but in the ComforTred they come the closest to the stock 855 revs per mile for a plus-size setup.

3. drrjv

drrjv New Member

4. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That Enkei is a nice looking wheel and the weight seems pretty good too.

5. prius168

prius168 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    should i go with 15x6 or 15x6.5 when looking to match stock? and what size tires? thanks!