1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Console/Arm Rest

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JeffG, Feb 12, 2004.

1. JeffG

JeffG New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Am I the only one who finds the center console compartment clumsy to get to because the long door on it?

I think I would have preferred a door that opens like on my wife's Highlander.

The center console/arm rest compartment is the only place I've found that holds CDs well and it's a pain to get to them there anyway.

Rabble rabble rabble.

:roll:

2. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ya, the opening is a bit ackward - it would've been better if they had something that rotated back and down to leave the armrest area open if desired (something like the compartment right in front of it.

Alternately, make it a double-fold, so the split is in the middle and it opens forward/backward.

Dave

3. marinjim

marinjim New Member

I agree if the lid were hinged on the drivers side it would be much more accessible. My complaint is the lack of padding in the center console. I'm considering putting a towel on the top of it as my 1-hour commute forces me to shift positions frequently. Anybody know of an aftermarket solution.