1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Consumer reports and Honda Insight: Don't mix

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by ljbad4life, Jun 30, 2009.

1. ljbad4life

ljbad4life New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    In the latest issue of CR, the Insight was rated second from last spot (21 out of 22). All the things that I said about the Insight after I test drove it where mentioned. They even stated it was one of the worst Honda that they have driven in years. I can't link directly to cr (its a sub req site) but it is on autobloggreen. My father happened to have the CR mag and the review didn't mince words about the insight. Terrible handling,ride, cramped rear seat, interior noise.

I guess that extra 1k in people's pockets makes them see through rose colored glasses. From my stand point CR is pretty forgiving when it comes to acceleration and sporty handling. If Cr said it was bad that means it was BAAAAD (if I didn't have first hand experience).

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Although I haven't driven the new Insight, IMHO CR is being harsh. At the same time, they treat everybody the same, and tend to s*** on most of the models out there

Folks who wonder how they only got 35 mpg city out of a Prius, should keep in mind they routinely record <20 mpg out of smaller cars in the same driving cycle. So they are comparing apples to apples

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It looks like we've got at least 3 threads on the CR review of the 2010 Insight. Do I hear another? ;)