1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Consumer Reports Announces Top 10 Picks!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Widdletink, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi All,

Just glanced at the news banner on my ISP this AM and was pleased to find that the Toyota Prius has yet again made the Consumer Reports Top 10 Picks for sedans.

Also joining the ranks is the Honda Accord Hybrid. The Ford Focus (non-hybrid version) was dropped from the list for poor performance in insurance company crash tests.

It is nice and reassuring to know that the car that I have chosen is a smart buy for a multitude of reasons.

It also might not be a bad idea to pick up a copy of the Consumer Reports listing to put with your cars paperwork. Should you ever wish to sell (perish the thought) your car having supporting independent, respected documentation about your car's reliability could be an asset in the future. And it looks good in your car's baby book :)!

Sorry that I could not post a link to the story but my computer is acting strange and working kind of slow today so... if you go to ConsumerReports.org you should be able to get some info. The full list is only available for viewing if you are a subscriber.

So I say today to all you owner's, future owner's and enthusiasts, pat yourselves on the back you are indeed wise shoppers.

Enjoy your day and weekend!

Tisza

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I know that the Prius does not need advertisement. I'm sure some Toyota execs are starting to breathe a little easier now that the waits have been reduced.

But all the same, I would really like to see an advertisement on TV listing all the international awards, independent rankings, and other accolades the Prius has won in the last year. I can't help but to think that the viod of advertisement bring filled by narrow-minded critics is hindering the knowledge and broad-ranged acceptance of hybrid technology.

3. Orsino

Orsino New Member

This is awesome. After getting my '05 Prius a few weeks ago, I talked my wife into considering a hybrid, and we brought home the '05 Accord for her last week. It's an incredible machine, too.

Glad to see our good taste validated!

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"73921)</div>
    Tony:

Sorry to say but I doubt that would change their minds.

When they finally have to face the music, they'll just make a Zapp Brannigan line like "Oopsey Daisy."