1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Consumer Reports most efficient cars list has added the Leaf and Volt

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Sep 27, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I normally wouldn't post about updates to the list but I just noticed these changes today. In the past, the Prius was always at the top of the first list. I do wonder if this will help improve Volt sales...

Most fuel-efficient cars
    Best & worst cars review, fuel-efficient vehicles

Unfortunately, they didn't list the Volt's charge-sustain mileage. In their review (you'll need a CR account to see it), they say:
    Latest data sheds light as the Chevrolet Volt testing nears completion also lists the same figures but is also curiously missing the city figure.

The HCH figures are definitely that of the '12 model. It'll be interesting to see what the '12 HyCam gets and whether the improvements made to get better EPA numbers translate into better CR test results.

Here was a previous snapshot of the 1st list, for comparison: Most fuel-efficient cars.

edit: The print version of the October 2011 issue of CR does list all the non-composite (gas only) results of their tests. They are 21 city/36 highway, 29 overall. In CR's testing, the regular Prius has ~51.7% better overall mileage than the Volt.

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium