1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Consumption display question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mike43P, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Mike43P

Mike43P New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just purchased a 2015 Prius II. I cannot find an explanation for the "E" and what I will call "check" symbol on the vertical bar on the consumption display, a bar for each minute up to 30 minutes. I don't know it the "E" means the car is using battery or charging battery and I can find no clue for the "check". Please advise. Thanks.

2. Maarten28

Maarten28 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm not sure what "E" you mean. the only "E" I know of on the HSI is at the fuel gauge and that means "Empty".
    Can you indicate on below picture what you mean?
    You're not talking about the little cars in the bars I presume? They indicate the amount of regenerative braking that has been achieved.

[​IMG]

3. Mike43P

Mike43P New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here is the best shot I can get with my phone, showing the "E" and the "check". I believe the "E" means that the battery is being charged.

Attached Files:

4. Maarten28

Maarten28 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Above the bars you see Regenerated [E]=30 Wh. This means that every [E] in the bars you see is 30 Wh of regenerated energy (by using the MG2 to brake). A half [E] means 15 Wh.

#4 Maarten28, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    avusblue likes this.