1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Consumption display

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sshugarman, Nov 24, 2006.

1. sshugarman

sshugarman New Member

I am a brand new Prius owner and have all of 400 km on my car. Mostly I get it but the consumption screen makes no sense to me and I don't understand why the battery in the energy display changes colour. Anyone care to enlighten me?

2. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Blue is the state of charge where the car likes to be under normal circumstances, between 40% and 60%.

Pink is a low charge; the car will do what it can to charge the battery in this state, like running the ICE.

Green indicates a charge on the high side; still normal, the car will want to use battery power to get back to blue.

Don't worry about any of the colors; the car knows what it's doing. :) What about the consumption screen puzzles you? Have you read the owner's manual? You can also do a search here on Priuschat for more info. Enjoy your new car!

3. sshugarman

sshugarman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Warwind @ Nov 24 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]353822[/snapback]</div>

Thanks for the response, I have read the owner's manual and find it less than infomative. It took me some time to figure out the energy screen but remain clueless on the consumption screen. What is the time frame as some time it seems to begin anew and other times is cumulative? I also don't understand the relationship between the single column on the right and the series of columns to the left that sometimes show a small car, a half of a small car or a small car and half in the same column. I will take your advice and see if the owners manual makes anymore sense to me now than it did before.

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< FUNNY!! pp167-168 in my 2007 Owner's Manual give a good explanation of the Consumption Screen. Could it be that the Canadian Owner's Manual is different? - I doubt it.

Granted, you do have to DIG to find specific information in the Owner's Manual, but it *IS* there in this instance. Some other helpful information is *NOT* there and can be found on PriusChat thanks to helpful forum members.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Nov 25 2006, 09:37 AM) [snapback]353939[/snapback]</div>
    :rolleyes:

6. sshugarman

sshugarman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Nov 25 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]353939[/snapback]</div>
    OK, OK colour me embarassed. I did find the info on the consumption screen that I must have missed the first time.

On another note, it has been exceptionally cold with tonnes of snow in this part of the world and my Prius handles almost as well as my old CRV. Colour me very pleased

7. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sshu @ Nov 26 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]354187[/snapback]</div>
    Got snows?