1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Consumption Screen-Pkg 3

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Roger3125, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

I have pkg 3 and I've noticed little information is given in the manual about the specifics of several screens that come up. Attached are the screens that have me baffled. An explantion of each would be most helpful. I won't tell you the trouble I got myself into just fiddling around.

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    first pic: you were in the screen settings menu, and then you pressed "display." the top and bottom bars are display adjustments. you can change the contrast and brightness of the screen from there, and also have the option to turn off the screen by pressing the "screen off" button. what's in the middle of the screen doesn't do anything at all and is just the part of the last screen you were on that isn't covered by those top and bottom bars.
    second pic: you were on the consumption screen and pressed "display." again those top and bottom bars show up to give you display options.
    third pic: you pressed the "info" button. this menu gives you choices for turning off screen-press beeps ("beep off") and for setting the language, screen settings (see below), and "trip info" takes you back to the consumption and energy displays.
    fourth pic: from the "info" menu you pressed the "screen settings" button. the automatic transitions can be explained like this: say you have the screen on "energy" and you want to change an audio setting. so you press "audio" and change your setting. if you leave it at the audio menu, it will automatically go back to the "energy" screen after a few seconds of not being touched. switch color is just the color of the buttons on the screen. you can make it green or orange. you have it on green. i'm not sure what "delete personal data" means. maybe it changes everything back to factory settings?

it does take some fiddling to figure these out. don't be afraid to play on the screens, you can't cause any damage by doing so. :)

3. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 15 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]240223[/snapback]</div>
    If I recall, it deletes all phone numbers, perhaps all navigation memory points, and possibly the Bluetooth phone connection info.

4. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Apr 15 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]240259[/snapback]</div>
    I have a package 3 and I can tell you we don't have the phone number, the navigation, or the bluetooth. Since I don't know what it does in my pkg 3 I won't touch it.

5. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member