1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Contacts List Windows Mobile 5

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MiketMurray, Jun 4, 2007.

1. MiketMurray

MiketMurray New Member

Hi

Not familiar with forums but had so much help from others thought it only fair to post a solution I managed recently - hope I'm doing this correctly.
    The Prius 2007 allows you to transfer your contacts list to the prius. However, the very last command from the prius asks you to use the mobile phone to send the data. In windows mobile 5 it's not obvious how to do this other than one at a time which is very tedious. To fix this I downloaded 'vsync' from http://vsync.4team.biz/ a $20 piece of software that attaches to MS Outlook and enables quick and easy export of ALL contacts to a Vcard format which the prius can read.

Run the export, move the file to the mobile via Active Sync then beam it to the prius (right click on the file and press beam) when it requests you to do so.

Only one snag - the Prius does not like spaces in the telephone numbers - so I had to open the Vcard file in Wordpad, knock out the spaces then save and try again! (I suppose you could also edit out spaces in your contacts in outlook before exporting if it's easier) - It worked.

Mike