1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Contacts unable to sync to the car from iphone.

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Andrew135790, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Andrew135790

Andrew135790 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I have a 2012 Prius V and though I can connect through Bluetooth to play music and take calls, I'm unable to sync my contacts to the car. I follow the manual to a T and still nothin, so I'm hoping you long time prius owners have some insight.

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Welcome! What type of phone or device are you attempting to sync?

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Ensure bluetooth to the phone is set and working. If you make a call from the phone it will be heard through the car audio. Then select Settings, Phone, and then Refresh Phone Book. Your phone may ask for permission. It should then happen quickly, in a minute or so depending on how many you have. The Display Audio should have them and a Voice command should work. Voice command button, then say Call “Bob Home” assuming bob home is a contact.

By the way there are two different audio nav systems. The above is the most common mid range display audio with nav.

Air_Boss likes this.
  4. Andrew135790

Andrew135790 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Thanks! I'm trying to sync my iPhone 7 contacts.

Edit: Following rjparkers guide, it didnt work, so I decided to do a fresh pairing and removed the car from my phone and my phone from the car... Turns out when it first asked me for permission I must've accidentally pressed deny access to sync contacts. Thanks for the help you two, much appreciated.

#4 Andrew135790, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    Air_Boss likes this.