1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Continue on (current road)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bruceha_2000, Aug 1, 2007.

1. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I couldn't find anything with search, nor in the owner's manual. Perhaps someone here knows.

I can jump between the Consumption screen and the Map screen in my '04 using the buttons on the wheel with nothing more than the standard 'beep'. In my wife's '06, using the steering wheel Map button ALWAYS results in the NAV lady saying "Continue on (the current road)". This is EXTREMELY annoying. Is there anyway to toggle this OFF?

I looked at the various options in the owner's manual but none seemed appropriate. The one thing I didn't think of is that the '06 has the ability to NOT beep when you change screens and my wife has this set. Does the NAV lady think I have to hear SOMETHING when I go to the map and since there is no 'beep' she has to talk??

Thanks,
    Bruce

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What I do: Program in destination, then hit "Suspend Guidance" until I actually need it, THEN I hit "Resume Guidance".

3. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Aug 1 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]488836[/snapback]</div>
    Does that keep the 'time to' (or arrival time) and distance to turns calcs going, i.e. we only lose the Nav lady's voice? That would be a perfectly wonderful solution.

4. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bruceha_2000 @ Aug 1 2007, 04:38 PM) [snapback]488830[/snapback]</div>
    Page 87, Navigation System Owners Manual. According to the manual, pushing the Map/voice button will always result in nav voice guidance, when routing. Annoying to me also, I toggle between the Energy and Map screens alot, when being routed by nav.
    The automatic voice guidance can be turned off otherwise, or , turned off when using the audio system, by selecting those choices in the set-up screen. (Menu~Setup~)

5. Danny Hamilton

Danny Hamilton Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bruceha_2000 @ Aug 1 2007, 03:54 PM) [snapback]488848[/snapback]</div>
    I just turn the volume off on the NAV voice. Then later if I want to hear turn by turn directions again, I turn the volume on the NAV voice back up.

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bruceha_2000 @ Aug 1 2007, 03:54 PM) [snapback]488848[/snapback]</div>
    Unfortunately, when you suspend guidance, you lose "Time To".

7. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G-man @ Aug 2 2007, 07:31 AM) [snapback]489158[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, but the Map/Voice button is on the right side of the MFD and I rarely use it, the steering wheel buttons are more convenient. There is a Map button and a Voice button on the steering wheel so I'm not pressing Map/Voice, I am pressing Map. Not sure why, but it looks like Toyota broke this part in the '06.

I can see that your suggestions are possible ways to NOT hear the message, but they defeat the purpose of voice navigation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny Hamilton @ Aug 2 2007, 07:43 AM) [snapback]489161[/snapback]</div>
    This then suggests that you can change the NAV voice volume while the car is moving, since there is no 'secret override' panel on the '06?

8. Danny Hamilton

Danny Hamilton Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bruceha_2000 @ Aug 2 2007, 11:40 AM) [snapback]489323[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, no override necessary, the voice volume can be turned off, or adjusted louder or softer while the car is moving. It is one of the NAV features that are not locked out when the car is moving.

If I remember correctly if you are on the map screen it is a quick 3 button presses:

1) Press the [MENU] button on the side of the MFD.
    2) Press the volume button on the touchscreen.
    3) choose the volume level you want (or turn it off) from the touchscreen.

I'll check it at lunch if nobody confirms/corrects this between now and then.

Edit: I just checked and there is a fourth step. After you choose the volume (ranging from off to 7), there is an OK button to press.