1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Conversations at a Toyota dealership

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by mikefocke, Aug 9, 2024 at 5:56 PM.

1. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Small NC town. Lots of hybrids and Teslas around on the roads. Occasional other EVs. I'm in for routine service on a 5 year old Rav4h. Next door is a GM/Chevy dealership, other side a Nissan dealership.

Model S pulls up in the front and hooks up to the charger.
    Me: If you don't mind, why are you charging here rather than at the Supercharger 4 miles up the road.
    He: Because I work here and will be here for 11 hours. We have a charger in front and one in back.

Half hour later wandering the lots in front on a day everyone else stayed home because of a storm and flooding. Came upon 2 sales types camped out in front of the front door of the dealership to snare any customer.
    Me: Tough sales day.
    They: Yea, not a prospect in sight all day.
    Me: Ever sell any EVs?
    They: No not really. I think we have one on the back lot that just came in. Can't recommend them, they seem to get traded back in 2 months...sometimes the same car repeatedly.

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Sales critters. If their lips are moving you know they're lying. Perfect example here. We only have one (BZ?) in back. But everybody trades them (more than one) in within a couple months. Doesn't that mean folks came in and bought them? Because you only have one left? Or they have multiple of people continually rebuying the same car? Guy can't keep his stories straight.

Zythryn, PriusCamper and N4HHE like this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Car salesman get paid for keeping cars rolling off the lot... If the stealership doesn't have a lot full of EVs the salesman aren't going to sell them as much as what's on the lot. Toyota's anti EV-agenda is clear in all this...

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if i had to sell toyota ev's, i'd throw in the towel too

Zythryn and Trollbait like this.
  5. Danno5060

Danno5060 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    A year ago, we decided that our current Prii wouldn't make it all the way through to my wife's retirement. She puts on over 100 miles every workday. Her car had 220K miles and she's got at least 5 years to go. The other one has 115K miles. I went to the local dealer for some parts, but on the way out, I ran into one of the sales manager types. Just for the kicks of it, I asked him if they had any of the Primes.

He gave me the "well, I do not know about electrics in Wyoming".

Between me and my wife, we've got over 200K miles, on Prius, IN WYOMING. We ended up driving to another state and picking up a used Gen 4 Prime at a dealer there. We love it.