1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Convert Japanese Prius software to english

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by charcoled, Feb 7, 2006.

1. charcoled

charcoled New Member

Hi everybody
    I am looking at a 2nd hand imported 2003 prius, drives well and I have been hanging out to get one!.
    Unfortunately all menus in the LCD screen are in japanese, and the guy who is importing them here in Auckland, said he could not find a way to convert them.

I dont think the hardware would have been built differently for the japanese to the UK and US markets , so I am thinking there could be some way to upload/reset the computers software with the English version.
    any ideas??
    regards
    K

2. pfile

pfile Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    go to yahoo groups and join the group called prius-technical-stuff. you might find more help there. there is one guy on the list who is japanese and in japan, so he may have some insight.

edit: its prius_technical_stuff, with underscores. sorry.

3. alertdriving

alertdriving Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Any Lucky getting a english version of the software?

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The computer systems are very different between the Asian and NA spec computers.

5. alertdriving

alertdriving Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Jun 29 2007, 04:46 AM) [snapback]469471[/snapback]</div>
    I just figured it was something like that. At least they use graphs and diagrams that are easy to understand ;)