1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Converting non powered windows

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by J05hua__, Apr 10, 2023.

1. J05hua__

J05hua__ New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, I have a 2014 Toyota prius c (or aqua) with manual rear windows. I am interested in converting them to powered. Is it possible to do this with oem parts?

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Won't be easy. I think these cars use a central controller for the windows, so the switches in the doors are just remotes for the central control. If I'm right, you'd need to change the controller to change the driver's door control to the 4-window type and then you could install the switches and electric regulators in the rear doors.

You could get power rear windows to work with less trouble than that, but then it won't be OEM.

3. J05hua__

J05hua__ New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    So if I were to change the driver’s side controller, and install the oem regulator and switches, it would be possible?

4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You'd have to change at least those parts... The switch cluster on the driver door armrest is just a wired remote control. The real control module that drives the window motors is up under the dash somewhere.

I believe you need a 4-window version of both the control module and the switch cluster, and then add new wiring between the control module and the rear doors and probably also the driver's door since it is likely only wired for the two front doors.

I say I believe because I don't know this for a fact- but that's how it was done in a bunch of other Toyotas, so I'm guessing it applies here.

5. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Possible......maybe.
    But all things that are "possible" are not a good idea.
    Is it really THAT big of a problem ? REALLY ???
    You might end up worse off than you started out.

6. Isaac Zachary

Isaac Zachary Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I miss manual windows so bad. My mom on purposely got a Chevy Sonic with roll-up windows and I'm jealous!

If I had a Prius c with similar milleage I'd trade you even if I only got the rear manual windows!

To me electric windows are a pain.