1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cool fill

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Ed480, Oct 2, 2023.

1. Ed480

Ed480 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello I was wondering if I can use vacuum refill for my 2010 prius coolant flush.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You're talking about the tool yeah you can use that there's some videos of guys who own that tool here just allows you to dump in the coolant pull it through the whole system so on and so forth. But to be honest with you I've never had any trouble watering up any generation of Prius in my life but that doesn't really mean anything. They make these tools for a reason so you can do this very quickly and then if people are in such a hurry that they're trying to do everything so quickly things can be easily overlooked because of the quickness that's why my vehicles rarely go anywhere to be worked on because these shops have to pay for their signage their snap-on tools so on and so forth and that stuff is costly on purpose because their vendors know they're going to get that money from me or you and everything is priced accordingly.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yeah, I have all the paraphernalia for doing that, and I did it once (ok twice, 'cause if you haven't got all the ducks in a row just right before you open that vacuum fill valve, you get a partial fill. Recovery is drain and start over. You can't "resume" a vacuum fill, the hoses just collapse and you spray coolant out the vacuum venturi).

Ever since then, I've just refilled the way Toyota says to. It's easy, and goes fine.

PriusCamper likes this.