1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cool Hybrid Car Expo!!! July 14- Deerfield, Illinois

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Katherine, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Katherine

Katherine New Member

Come join us for a Hybrid Car Expo/Meetup on Sat, July 14 at Ryerson Woods Conservation Area (located near Deerfield, IL on Riverwoods Rd., south of Half Day Rd., and west of the I-94 tollway)
    Mike Duoba, hybrid car tech expert from Argonne National Labs will make a presentation at 2pm. Test drive hybrids. More info at www.LCFPD.org or call 847-968-3321.

[edit: TonyPSchaefer]
    Address: 21850 N. Riverwoods Rd., Deerfield, IL 60015
    GoogleMap: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...p;z=13&om=1
    [/edit]

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Kathe,
    Wayne (FireEngineer) has PMed you. We are very interested in attending your expo.

Have you already considered submitting info about th expo to the Tribune Transportation section?

3. Zoozoo3

Zoozoo3 New Member

Great - an expo closer to home. I haven't been to Ryerson Woods in decades. I am looking forward to seeing other hybrids and hopefully meeting some of the people on this site! And I'm bringing my Tideland Pearl "Tink" with me!

4. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kathe @ Jun 27 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]468966[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Kathe,
    Welcome to PriusChat and thanks for hosting a hybrid get together! The more we can all promote community the better.

It took me a little bit to find the event details on the site, so here is a direct link to the calendar listing. Hopefully that will help others find what they need and show up at your event. It looks like the event is open to all hybrids, not just Prius, right?

If there is anything we can do up here at Hybridfest to promote your event, please let me know. We may have some items from last year's event that we could send down for door prizes for you. I left a message at the Friends of Ryerson Woods with my number and I look forward to hearing from you.

Good luck with the event!

5. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    wow, its close enough that I might actually come :p Any address or anything so I can put it in my GPS?

6. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zoozoo3 @ Jun 27 2007, 11:56 PM) [snapback]469232[/snapback]</div>
    I guess you just missed this event that was closer to you. We'll forgive you if you come out to the Renewable Energy Fair in August :) .

Wayne

7. Katherine

Katherine New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jun 27 2007, 10:52 PM) [snapback]469208[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Tony,
    I am thrilled you will be coming - I have sent a general press release to the Tribune, but if you know of a contact that would send it directly to the Transportation section, that would be very helpful.
    Kathe

8. Katherine

Katherine New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbecky @ Jun 28 2007, 08:34 AM) [snapback]469339[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Eric,
    The event is open to all hybrids - I'm so excited we are getting a really positive response and hope that means we will have a great turnout. The Lake County Forest Preserve is bringing their hybrid fleet, as well as Libertyville Toyota Scion and Highland Park Ford Lincoln Mercury are bringing their newest models to show and test drive.

For anyone who is coming, our address is 21850 N. Riverwoods Rd., Deerfield, IL 60015. It is on Riverwoods Rd. between Half Day Road and Deerfield Rd. Turn in at the Ryerson Woods Conservation Area - the event will be held at the Welcome Center (in itself worth a look - it is a state of the art green building - even the parking lot is green, built out of permeable asphalt so that water seeps through to the ground rather than running off). Hope to see you all there!
    Kathe

9. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kathe @ Jun 27 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]468966[/snapback]</div>
    Cool! I'm not far away and will mark my calendar.

10. Katherine

Katherine New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Slair @ Jun 28 2007, 08:48 AM) [snapback]469347[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Slair,
    Hope you can join us...should be a lot of fun. The address is:
    21850 N. Riverwoods Rd., Deerfield, Il 60015
    We are half way between Half Day Rd and Deerfield Rd. on N. Riverwoods, just west of I-94. Turn in at the Ryerson Woods Conservation Area. The event will be held at the Welcome Center. Ryerson Woods is a beautiful 550 acre woodland forest preserve and is worth a visit on its own merits. Also, the Welcome Center is state of the art green architecture, even the parking lot is green, with permeable asphalt that the water runs through to the ground rather than run off and cause erosion. Hope to see you there!
    Kathe

11. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    OK, this is now an official event for the ChicagoPriusGroup. Check here for the details and respond if your coming out.

Wayne

12. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Very cool,
    Bummed out though, :( Why is there not a Missouri Group able to get their Sh$t together and do something like this.?
    I have talked to a couple dealerships in MO but no response. :rolleyes:

So I wish you a very good outcome and great weather also, looks like it will be a good time :)

I guess we will just have to wait for the WI. Hybridfest

13. Zoozoo3

Zoozoo3 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Jun 28 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]469511[/snapback]</div>
    :( Sorry I missed this - I just got my Prius June 6 and was not very adept at using priuschat yet. Tell me more about the August event-

14. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zoozoo3 @ Jun 29 2007, 12:05 AM) [snapback]469858[/snapback]</div>
    Just keep watching PriusChat and details will come. Also, sign up for the mailing list at ChicagoPriusGroup.com as we always e-mail about upcoming events.

Wayne

15. alexilic

alexilic Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yippee!!!
    I and my new 07 Black Touring Prii will be there!! This is great. I also know the Bredemann auto group people(used to work for the Lexus devision). I can ask and see if they are willing to come out? I see you already have a Toyota and Ford dealer. Bredamann also has Toyota and Ford?

Alex

16. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chitown guzzler @ Jun 29 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]470149[/snapback]</div>
    Alex,

Remember this is not OUR event, this is just an event that we are piggy-backing on. Now if you want to help with a future event and get Bredemann involved like we did with Grossinger....that would be cool. Talk to me on the 14th.

Wayne

17. Katherine

Katherine New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chitown guzzler @ Jun 29 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]470149[/snapback]</div>
    Great - we look forward to seeing you. If the Bredeman Group wants to come out, that would be wonderful. My co-worker just bought a great car from them (from Hadji) so they are high on our list!