1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cool MPG chart

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kfarad, Jun 8, 2006.

1. kfarad

kfarad Junior Member

I was going down a really long, pretty steep hill... didn't use the gas pedal at all. I guess my gas engine was off the for at least 5 minutes... that's why it shows 0 MPG? Never seen that before... thought it was kinda cool.

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the poor photo quality... it's my cell phone cam and it was hot

Anybody else got photos interesting graphs?

2. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's weird. Only time I've seen that is when I've been sitting for a portion of those 5 minutes. If I'm not moving, I'm getting 0mpg.

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's pretty cool! The only time I've gotten that "blank space 5-minute segment" is when travelling reaaaaalllly slowly in traffic (5-8mph) and the gas engine doesn't kick in during that 5-minutes. But it's always just been a blank space, with no little regenerative cars showing at all for that segment. B)

4. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That is unusual, I have been up and down some long steep hills before and I have never seen that. When I have come down a hill with the engine off for 5 min I have a bar that goes clear to the top, such as the "most recent" one on your display.

5. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We filled the screen on a 8 hour creep from Vegas to LA. I should have gotten a picture.

6. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've gotten the blank bar a few times just recently for no reason I can figure. Honestly, in my case I think it was a MFD glitch. I wasn't in regen, yet I had all these green cars, and no consumption... and the engine was on for the full five minutes! Go figure.