1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cool steering wheel located remote add-on for Piioneer

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rrolff, May 26, 2010.

1. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This is specific only to Pioneer HUs.

Added in the SR-1 Pioneer remote and PAC WRI (needed to get the remote working). It adds a nice set of buttons to complement the existing Prius buttons.

Install is simple (if you've done one) - you probably already have the PAC SWI for steering. You plug it from the Pioneer, plug the WRI directly into the Pioneer HU, then the SWI plugs into the WRI (in line) - and the mess goes back behind the HU.

It has a remote receiver on a wire that you mount somewhere on the dash (still not sure where i'll put it) - near the remote.

The remote slides in snugly to the steering wheel opening, then I hot melted it in place. Have to say I really like being able to change sources, bands etc.

Pic is below. Cost is around $40 for WRI, and $30 for remote control.

I just glued it in because I don't like the other part that holds it in by wrapping around the steering wheel...

There are some downsides - the voice rec button does not work with WRI. But I use the Prius Mode button for that. Mainly it's good for seek, scan track up/down, etc.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: