1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coolant pump issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Deacon Jones, Jul 18, 2024 at 10:27 PM.

1. Deacon Jones

Deacon Jones Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So I was driving home the other day and my Prius stopped working on me entirely the fuse had popped I have spent a while trying to replace the pump as it’s in a pretty crappy location today I got it in place but now I turn it on and the car turns on but not the engine I can’t find out what’s wrong and I was really curious if anyone could help me

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Any lights on the dash?

3. Deacon Jones

Deacon Jones Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    When my dash does come on yea a ton like the big red warning one almost all the orange lights

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Will the car display the words ready? If so step on the gas did the engine just start? It's none of that is working the first thing we want to do even though you have a plethora of dash lights check the 12 volt battery It in fact has 12 volts when the car is ready and in fact shows about 13 and a half plus. Just some of the basics without 12 volts with some AH behind it if you will You're not going to have much for the 20 or so odd computers in the car that all need to be on and holding standing by whatever. Many things on this list are attributed to poor quality 12 volt batteries so we want to rule that out directly.

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does the dash not always come on?