1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cooper touring cs4 replacement, feedback please.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by clifford, Jun 11, 2008.

1. clifford

clifford Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    First of all I called several tire places including Goodyear locally and non would consider changing the tire size from oem!
    My normal tire place has free balance and rotating recommended the Cooper cs4 touring.
    Anybody that has used this tire for a period of time and can please give your feedback?
    Thanks

2. clifford

clifford Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ok so no one has tried this tired and has feedback on it?

3. billh

billh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This tire was recommended to me. I think I'm going to bite. Did you? Experience?

4. DLHDMRH

DLHDMRH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I put on the Cooper's CS4 about a month ago and now have about 5000 miles on them but my mileage really dropped after I put them on!!!!!!!! I was getting 53 to 58 pretty consistantly on the road and now I struggle to get 48!!!!!!!!!!!

5. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Cooper makes some good tires, but most of them will cost MPGs when compared to true LRR tires.

JeffD

6. priusrules

priusrules New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I put them on my wife 2009 prius a month ago. She said it ride better than the stock and very quiet. I got them for buy 3 and get one free at $85.00 per tire with $50 rebate. The prius still averaging 50 MPH. I recommended if you get it for $85.00 or less.

7. dinger_greg

dinger_greg New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I emailed Cooper tires to determine if the CS4 was considered a (LRR) tires. They replied stating the CS4 is not a LRR tire. This could be a factor to your drop in MPG. The Cooper GFE is considered their (LRR) tire.