1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Corbin Sparrow up for auction on eBay

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by mitch672, Mar 29, 2010.

1. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Other Makes : eBay Motors (item 260574774483 end time Mar-31-10 10:43:58 PDT)

There is a starting bid of $4500 (initial bid), but that is below the 'reserve'. He states it will need new batteries, those 13 Optima yellow top batteries even at COSTCO are $161 each ($2093). I wonder what the reserve is, and wonder if you could get some Lithiums to replace them for better range/lower weight.

2. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Looked at these a few years ago! I think 8 or 9 Grand.Here's mike talkin about it!

Take care,Enjoy!

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I clicked on the link and it says the item is no longer available.

It is definitely possible to put lithium batteries in the Sparrow for additional range. I considered a Sparrow before I bought my Xebra. The Sparrow can go on the freeway but the stock pack had only a 20-mile range, and I was not willing to settle for that. But the guy who imported the lithium batteries for the electric Porsche has a Sparrow and he put lithium in it, and he reports getting considerably more range. I forget how much.

However, I think I'd be scared to take that little thing on the freeway. (I'd be scared to ride on a motorcycle, too.) The Xebra is "safer" only because it cannot go on the freeway. Speed kills, and the Xebra has none.

Bottom line, Yes, you can put lithium in the Sparrow.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    P.S. I just noticed that this is a very old thread. Sorry.