1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Corolla 6CD Player in 05 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DillyPhife, Jul 19, 2013.

1. DillyPhife

DillyPhife New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello. Just recently got an 05 Prius, unfortunately I got ripped on the CD Player. Won't load any disks. Need a new one. Found this on craigslist: CD PLAYER 6 DISK FOR CAR OR TRUCK

On EBay, it shows as the 04-09 Corolla player, even though she got it out of her 08 Prius. So my question is; will it fit? My new Prius has the JBL CD player installed right now (this):

And are there any aftermarket stereo's/CD players with bluetooth for sub-$75 with decent reviews? Would be nice to have hands-free calling. Thanks for any help!

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    that isn't a factory prius unit, no matter what she says. and if you have jbl, you either need the oe jbl head unit, or you will have to rewire. the power amp under the rf seat is part of the jbl unit and won't work w/ any other head unit.
    as far as <$75 unit w/ bluetooth? unlikely to find anything for that price that doesn't sound terrible.

3. DillyPhife

DillyPhife New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    damn. oh well, would have been a steal though. thanks!

4. TheEnglishman

TheEnglishman Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've looked for sub-$75 stereos for my Chrysler that had Bluetooth or iPod integration. Found nothing worth the money. They either played music badly or lacked quality in their features. If you want something good, you WILL need to pay a lot for it. I wouldn't buy a used electronic on eBay or Craigslist anyway, go to Best Buy's car audio station at the least.