1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Corolla Hybrid engine into Prius V?

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by BrrBrrBrrBrr, Oct 26, 2023.

1. BrrBrrBrrBrr

BrrBrrBrrBrr New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi all,

I have a 2014 Prius V that needs a new engine. I'm looking on LKQ, and see that they have a 2020 Corolla Hybrid engine that is described as a 1.8L (2ZRFXE engine), Prius (VIN FU, 7th and 8th digits), VIN B (5th digit). Forgive me if this has already been discussed - do we know whether this will fit in a V?

Thanks,
    Ben

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We know you can replace a Gen3 engine with a Gen4 with only a couple minor modifications and there's a guy in Oklahoma who will do it in your driveway in one day for $1500. We don't know anyone who has tried the Corolla engine... But his name is Drew Griffin and can be reached at https://www.instagram.com/skimmilkhybrid/ and if its possible, he'd be able to do it.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I believe that would be equal to the Gen 4 swap. It's very doable so on and so forth It's the same engine series that's in your car right now if I'm not mistaken I don't know much about the v but if it's the two z z FXZ engine that should cover you