1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Corolla wheels for Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Doc Willie, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am considering getting another set of wheels to mount winter tires on for my 007 Prius. I have read that Corolla wheels will work. Are there any years that we know will fit? or All of them. And will they take 195/60R tires?

2. Doc Willie

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am considering getting another set of wheels to mount winter tires on for my 007 Prius. I have read that Corolla wheels will work. Are there any years that we know will fit? or All of them. And will they take 195/60R tires?

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Not sure about Corolla, but I have heard of using Matrix alloys, which should be same as corolla. Tire rack should be able to tell you.

4. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Not sure about Corolla, but I have heard of using Matrix alloys, which should be same as corolla. Tire rack should be able to tell you.

5. Doc Willie

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ Sep 12 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]511558[/snapback]</div>
    Don't see nuthin' there that answers the question. I wanna be able to walk into a junkyard and ask for 19xx - 2xxx Corolla wheels.

6. Doc Willie

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ Sep 12 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]511558[/snapback]</div>
    Don't see nuthin' there that answers the question. I wanna be able to walk into a junkyard and ask for 19xx - 2xxx Corolla wheels.

7. PA Prius

PA Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Here is the response mrv gave me on PriusOnline last winter when I posed a similar question. I was looking for wheels for snows, but ended up getting a set of original Prius allows cheap on eBay.

PA P

You could try giving Ryan at tirefactory.net a call, see if he still has the 15x6" 5x100 steel wheels available (as seen on http://www.tirefactory.net/Specials.htm ) When I had bought some from him last year, they were $60 each but with free shipping. Last I checked he was still offering a discount on Nokian tires to people who identified themselves from a Prius group.

Ryan
    Tire Factory, Inc
    [email protected]
    800-576-1009

(also, note that this is the same wheel as the Matrix and the newer (2003-?) redesign of the Corolla, so even some scrapyards may be a source of inexpensive steel wheels...)

8. PA Prius

PA Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Here is the response mrv gave me on PriusOnline last winter when I posed a similar question. I was looking for wheels for snows, but ended up getting a set of original Prius allows cheap on eBay.

PA P

You could try giving Ryan at tirefactory.net a call, see if he still has the 15x6" 5x100 steel wheels available (as seen on http://www.tirefactory.net/Specials.htm ) When I had bought some from him last year, they were $60 each but with free shipping. Last I checked he was still offering a discount on Nokian tires to people who identified themselves from a Prius group.

Ryan
    Tire Factory, Inc
    [email protected]
    800-576-1009

(also, note that this is the same wheel as the Matrix and the newer (2003-?) redesign of the Corolla, so even some scrapyards may be a source of inexpensive steel wheels...)

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    if you're talking about 15" then...

the 9th Gen (03-08) will work. The steelies are mounted with 185/65R15 and the alloys (on the S and LE models) are mounted on 195/60R15 so either one should work (esp. since the wheel lugs are the same design I believe).

Older Corollas used 14" steelies with wheel covers.

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    if you're talking about 15" then...

the 9th Gen (03-08) will work. The steelies are mounted with 185/65R15 and the alloys (on the S and LE models) are mounted on 195/60R15 so either one should work (esp. since the wheel lugs are the same design I believe).

Older Corollas used 14" steelies with wheel covers.