1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Correlation between Mental Illness and GW Voters

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mirza, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Mirza

Mirza New Member

http://www.ctnow.com/custom/nmm/newhavenad...0,1695911.story

2. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Give me some money and I should be able to easily create you a study that links drug use with support for Democrats. I'll even throw in a study that links street crime with support for Democrats.

3. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, the guy's a real liberal nutcase :lol:

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Breaking news:

According to my recent survey of college aged students, the closer they are to graduation, the less they like bush. i talked to 35 of them!

his sample size is a joke. First, he supposedly measured their level of psychosis... i didn't know it was a sliding scale like that, i figured there were a number of fixed buckets. next, he took all the patients from 3 locations in the same state (granted, the state voted for Kerry, but that doesn't mean much, the districts where the samples came from could have been pro-bush). now, lets say you break them up into three groups: slightly disturbed, average, and freaking nuts (i know, not PC, but sue me). That leaves what, 20 people per group? hardly enough to say that each group is x% likely to vote one way or the other.

5. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm pretty sure that if you polled recreational drug users you would find that the vast majority of them supported Kerry in 2004. Therefore one could argue that the more one alters their state of mind with drugs, the more likely they are to vote Democrat. And then, like the article quoted in the original post, you could imply that you have to be stoned in order to support Democrats.

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Like Rush and his OxyContin habit? Or more like Junior in his cokehead days?

7. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ Nov 29 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]355236[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

[​IMG]

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    FWIW, our whole society is mentally ill and addicted to drugs. We've arbitrarily classified some of those drugs as "legal" and others as "illegal" but relatively few people do not rely on drugs, and relatively few would qualify as mentally healthy.

Alcohol, cocaine, tobacco, marijuana, caffeine, sugar (which acts as a drug in the quantities that many people consume it) sleeping pills, waking-up pills, anti-depressants, prescription drugs for lifestyle-induced illnesses (e.g. Lipitor, etc.) and the list goes on and on.

And while I'd agree that you have to be clinically insane to vote for W, I also think you have to be clinically insane to vote for either of the guys who ran against him.

9. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Dec 1 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]356295[/snapback]</div>
    I can't disagree with this, however, you'd also have to be clinically insane NOT to vote, so I guess we're screwed no matter which way we turn...

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Dec 1 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]356301[/snapback]</div>
    I vote. I just don't vote for anyone who has an ice cube's chance in hell of winning.

(I have voted for winners in local elections a couple of times. I consider these to be flukes.)