1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

correlation between MG!,MG2 and Inverter coolant temps?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by tedjohnson, Nov 6, 2010.

1. tedjohnson

tedjohnson Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    On my 2010 , I am monitoring the inverter coolant temp with the SCANGAGE2. Has anyone correlated that temp to the MG1 & 2 temperatures? I usually see the inverter temp running 10-20F above ambient temps, and am considering some winter grill blocking but need to know if the inverter temp is a sufficient guide to the temps at the MG sets. Reading over the gen 2 blocking posts, I see some rather high readings with grill blocking . Would only block the lower grills anyway, but want to be sure I am instrumented well enough before I do anything. Thanks

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The inverter radiator is behind the upper grill on the G3. I only block the lower grill myself.

1 person likes this.
  3. harry r

harry r slowly turning green

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I block the lower part and monitor it with a ultra-gauge (for now) and notice no problem with higher temps. It does not block too much as the upper grill is still open, you should be ok in the cold.