1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cosmetic Interior Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tesseract, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Tesseract

Tesseract New Member

Hey guys,

I took delivery of my 2005 Package 6 on Tuesday 12/14 late at night, and didn't notice right away some cosmetic things that the dealer hadn't taken care of when they were prepping the car for delivery. Have some questions someone may be able to answer:

1. Apparently the Nav housing comes wrapped in some sort of sticky plastic protection sheet, but the detailers simply ripped it off indiscriminately so now there are saran-wrap like remnants poking out of the seam where the Nav housing meets the dash on both sides. Anyone know a good way to get rid of this? The easiest way i can think is to pop off the Nav housing, if that's possible. I know, I should take it into the dealer, but it's a haul for me and i'd rather not waste the trip if I can fix it myself quickly.

2. I noticed that next to the two micro triangular side windows in the front next to the windshield, there is a corner where the molding meets the main dash that seems to be protected by some sort of triangular plastic slipcover. Are these supposed to be there, or is this another case of incomplete dealer delivery prep?

Any advice would help,

Thanks!

2. popsrcr

popsrcr New Member

Had the same thing on the A pillar, and pulled it off myself. No big deal. I just pulled right where it went into the interior, so that I didn't end up with what you describe by the display.
    As for those scraps, I would use what ever will grip it (tweezers) and pull.

3. Tesseract

Tesseract New Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight!

4. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I took the car back to the dealer (in my case about a mile or so from work) and had them do it. Sort of a gentle poke that they did not do all that they were supposed to do.

5. Tesseract

Tesseract New Member

Yeah, I'm actually doing that today because there are actually mechanical issues too...my factory installed Glass Breakage Sensor isn't triggering upon test, and the steering alignment is way off.

I'm also treating this as a little test of the customer service of the dealer's service department, since we're essentially hogtied to take our cars to the dealer for service i want to make sure they deserve my business.