1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Costco for a 2010 ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by rfruth, Mar 27, 2009.

1. rfruth

rfruth Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Am considering using the Costco Auto Program later this year (not a member yet) for a 2010, yea pay MSRP but get to choose color / options - (do traditional dealerships haggle on what to charge on *new* models ?) good idea or not ?

2. powrfuel

powrfuel New Member

so??? What's the savings? My dealer is charging MSRP who needs costco?

3. johnnyp500

johnnyp500 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The Honda dealer I was at while testing the Insight and civic hybrids told me theyre going to charge $1000 over MSRP for Hybrids. He said "there are about 175 u can choose from and Ill get you the best deal of your life but not on a hybrid". So not all dealers are charging MSRP

4. powrfuel

powrfuel New Member

I have NEVER and I mean never paid over sticker for any car. and that includes Ferraris and Porsches. Those of you who do are insane. Gas will be cheap for another six months or so and hybrid sales are bad now. DO NOT PAY OVER STICKER FOR THSE CARS!!!

5. rfruth

rfruth Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I totally agree with the no more than MSRP ! (was at a local Honda dealer a few weeks ago and they had half a dozen Fit's all for MSRP+ADM (additional dealer markup) ((long story goes here))) anyway Prius & Costco, might be able to get just what I want as opposed to a good Toyota dealer where you can have anything that comes off the truck ... ?

6. johnnyp500

johnnyp500 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Sorry for the ignorance but.... What exactly is the Costco deal?

7. rfruth

rfruth Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Costco deal (supposedly) is you order your make model features etc and thats what you get delivered to your dealer (+ make ready, delivery, TTL etc.) as opposed to "your" car being used as a demo (read test drives) sitting on the lot so others can check it out and sit in - a good salesperson can do the same thing so why bother with Costco ?

8. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It is a no-dicker price deal for Costco members who are not good at negotiations. It is likely to be different at every Costco location, negotiated by Costco with a few local dealers.

9. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have used the Costco deal before (on a 2005 Ford Taurus). Additionally, before I learned about the 2010 Prius (and chose to wait for it, instead of a 2009), got a quote through this program too.

The way that it works is this. You will be put into contact with a local dealer (or a few, depending on the market you are in). They will work with you to select a car off their lot, or from incoming stock. Then, once you sit down with them, they will let you know what the 'discount' is for the Costco Program. In the case of the Ford, it was 900 off the best price I negotiated with them, in the case of the '09 Prius, they only offered me $250 off the best price. This is in addition to any factory rebates, and the like.

Additionally, I recently got an email from Costco indicating that if I were to complete the purchase of a car through their program, they would send me a $150 gift card for use at Costco. (I have their 'Executive Card", and that offer was only for Executive card members.)

I will try this again when the 2010's are available to see if their are any changes. Then once i have the best price from 'their' dealership, I will ask others if they an beat this price out the door. I do not care which one in the Chicago area gets my deal, as long as I get a deal... Then I will have my local Toyota dealer service my car when needed.