1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Costco pricing and brake relay click

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by sshaw10, Dec 28, 2009.

1. sshaw10

sshaw10 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm the proud owner of a new 2010 for one week now. I will post a complete review after one month. Really enjoying the car but had two comments:

I got a Costco quote from a dealer, told him I was ready to buy the car that night and didn't want any games, just a bottom line price. He looked at me like I was insulting him for making the comment. His price was higher than just about everyone else so I walked. Two days later he sent me an email offering 800 less that the Costco number two days earlier. FYI for those using the program.

I've driven the car for a week and never noticed a click when I push and release the brake. I guess it's a relay switch but I never heard it until Sunday. The car is so quiet when the engine is off you hear everything. I'd just like to make sure that's normal and everyone else hears it on their cars.

In a couple weeks I'll post a lengthy review reflecting on what I've seen on priuschat.com over the past months for those interested in the car. Thanks to everyone who participates in this forum for all the info shared, absolutely invaluable!

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Glad you like the car. Great arn't they. If you switch the heating fan off you'll notice all sorts of clicks and whirs as you drive/brake the car. I'm guessing they're all normal but the silence when you stop at the lights is strange at first but you quickly get used to it.

Look forward to hearing your review next month. In the mean time, enjoy your new ride.

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congrats, glad you finally got one. Now you will have to update your PC user information on the left! :)

4. samsprius1

samsprius1 HEV Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Ya, what did you buy??Did you take the deal!!I just bought a PKG V.Luv it, Icalled xm
    got 15 months of sat radio for 88 Bucks,I'm hooked!!

5. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    There are two switches on the brake pedal. One activates the brake lamps, the other signals the HSD to do whatever it does when you are depressing the brake pedal (it can implement engine shutdown, shutoff of "automatic transmission creep simulation", etc.) ;)

Next, remove the hatch floor and the cargo tray. Then take the car for a drive. You'll hear more clicks. :)